Family Promise Metrowest (FPM) is a nonprofit organization based in Natick, MA that addresses the comprehensive needs of families facing housing insecurity. Using a unique, community-based approach, FPM’s programs include shelter, transitional support, homelessness prevention, shelter diversion, and educational and employment support. Key to its approach, FPM offers long-term, comprehensive family coaching to help families stabilize their housing and break the cycle of poverty permanently. Founded in 2008, the organization serves families primarily from the Metrowest region of Boston.
We are seeking an Executive Director to oversee management of the organization including day-to-day operations, ten staff members, four family support programs, and the implementation of the strategic plan. This position is full‐time, onsite, at‐will, exempt. The successful candidate will ideally assume the position on or before June 1, 2022.
Compensation: Full-time salary range is between $110,000 and $125,000 depending on qualifications. Benefits include generous PTO, Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement, and 401K.
Areas of Responsibility:
Leadership & Management:
- With family coaches, design programs, regularly evaluate impact, and identify new opportunities to address housing insecurity and meet the emerging needs of families in the Metrowest area.
- Lead, coach, and develop FPM’s high-performing senior management team.
Fundraising & Communication:
- With the Development Director, create a fundraising development plan and establish short-/long-range goals to expand the donor base by harnessing the abilities and interests of donors, funders, local businesses, and diverse community leaders.
- Cultivate and manage a portfolio of major donors in conjunction with the Development Director.
- Oversee Development team in the production of two major annual fundraising events.
- Oversee staff in the development and execution of the communication & marketing plan including production of external communications via social media, email marketing, print collateral, and the annual report.
- As the public face of Family Promise Metrowest, act as the primary speaker for public engagements for audiences of all sizes.
- Establish relationships within the community, the nonprofit sector, foundations, and governmental agencies to garner new opportunities for Family Promise Metrowest.
Planning & Sustainability:
- Collaborate with the board often to set vision, policy, and strategy for the organization; attend all board meetings.
- Ensure the organization's long-term sustainability by providing timely, accurate, and comprehensive financial, systems, policies, and procedural information to the board.
- With the Treasurer, ensure compliance with all regulatory and financial policies and procedures.
- Lead and support staff to meet expectations, goals, and strategic outcomes following the strategic plan.
- With the Governance Committee, ensure that Human Resource policies, procedures, and regulations are in compliance.
Skills & Experience:
- Managed budgets in excess of $1M
- Experience in cultivating, writing, and securing private and public grants
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local social service and housing resources with established contacts in the Metrowest community (highly preferred)
- Proven track record of strategic leadership
- Demonstrated success achieving fundraising goals, including developing, sustaining, and identifying new sources of financial support
- Proven financial management skills
- Experience in people management
- Exemplary verbal and written skills
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and data management software
- Public speaking experience
Additional Key Qualities:
- Genuine and compelling passion for FPM’s mission and type of work
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups, both large and intimate
- Networker and relationship-builder
- Ability to express empathy and compassion for the individuals served by FPM in order to create a sense of belonging and comfort
- Ability to encourage passion and connection with staff and volunteers to create a true community where everyone can contribute fully and authentically
Bachelor’s degree in business, social services, or other related field.
If you are interested in applying for the Executive Director position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelli Connors at [email protected].
Posted: January 20, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer
Family Promise Metrowest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
If you are interested in volunteering for our organization, please visit our Ways to Volunteer page.