JOB TITLE: Outreach and Network Coordinator
Posting Date: 1/3/2020
We are seeking applicants for an Outreach and Network Coordinator, a 30-hour position that will serve as a liaison with our congregations to build effective relationships and ensure the sustainability of our shelter network. This position will also coordinate outreach and education in the community to build awareness of and engagement with Family Promise Metrowest.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the point person for all congregations to provide information, resources, and support.
- Build relationships with clergy, outreach committees, and congregants to strengthen our collaboration, encourage volunteerism, and promote fundraising opportunities.
- Assist host congregations in recruiting and training volunteers; coordinate volunteer trainings at congregations.
- Recruit and train participants for an FPM speaker’s bureau; schedule and support speakers for congregations, community events, and schools.
- Schedule and lead bimonthly meetings with congregational coordinators.
- Schedule guest speakers for congregational services or events.
- Visit each host congregation during their host week.
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers to represent FPM at community events.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Passion for FPM’s mission to end family homelessness
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and public presentation)
- Demonstrated skills in relationship building and management
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Ability to inspire others to engage in public service
- Strong ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to problem solve in a changing, sometimes challenging environment
- Ability to attend evening or weekend events or meetings, as needed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in human services role, nonprofit organization management, program management, and/or volunteer recruitment and training.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; experience with or comfort in learning volunteer management software (e.g., CERVIS); general skill in managing technology (e.g., screen projectors, etc.)
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Family Promise Metrowest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB TITLE: Office Support Staff & Van Driver
Posting Date: 1/13/2020
We are looking for responsible, friendly, and flexible people to supervise our facility on weekends while providing office support and transporting families to/from overnight host sites to/from our shelter in Natick as needed. Ideal candidates have van driving experience, excellent people skills, are confident using a computer and learning new programs, enjoy children, and are compassionate and sensitive to others’ needs.
- Provide office support: data entry, mail fulfillment, and other office support tasks as needed.
- Transport families to/from overnight host locations in the Metrowest area to/from our Natick facility in 14-passenger van.
- Ensure vehicle is adequately fueled, report maintenance concerns.
- Provide Day Center coverage by opening up and/or shutting down the building, answering the phone, and upholding established policies and procedures.
- Perform light building maintenance as needed or assigned: shoveling walkways, taking out garbage and recycling, etc.
Must be at least 21 years old, have a good driving record, and be willing to complete a background check and drug screen. Individual should have efficient computer skills with confidence in learning new programs, be able to lift at least 20 pounds and climb stairs.
AM: Approximately 4 hours per weekend, Saturday & Sunday 7:00-9:00 a.m.
PM: Approximately 6 hours per weekend, Saturday & Sunday 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Hours may change slightly depending on driving needs.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please indicate which shift you are applying for (AM or PM).
If you are interested in volunteering for our organization, please visit our Get Involved page.