Who is eligible to apply for the LIFE Program?
- Must be currently at risk of homelessness.
- Current housing must be sustainable with present income and expenses.
- Must have at least one child under the age of 18.
- Can be a one or two parent family (no gender restrictions).
- At least one parent must be employed.
- Must be a resident of MA (priority is given to families in the Metrowest region).
What are the requirements of the LIFE Program?
- Must meet monthly with case manager in our Natick office.
- Must attend monthly educational workshops in our Natick office.
- Must establish and work toward employment, educational, financial, and/or personal goals that address the root causes of their near-eviction.
Please call 508-318-4820 and ask to speak to Eliz, LIFE Program Coordinator, or send an email to [email protected].
If your family is currently in the eviction process, you can also seek help by calling Mass 211, a United Way multi-lingual hotline that provides information and referrals. Mass 211 does not provide direct homelessness prevention support, but they may be able to assist you in finding the closest office to apply for aid. To contact Mass 211, dial 2-1-1 or go online to www.mass211.org.
If you live in the metrowest region, you can also contact SMOC (508-872-4853) or Tempo (if you are under 25; 508-879-1424 ) for local resources. In the Boston area, try City Mission/A Lift Up program (617-742-6830) or Metro Housing Boston (617-425-6700) to see if either can help.